Last updated: 1/21/2019 12:33:00 PM
Code of Ethics
Builder and Associate members of the Home Builders Association of Durham, Orange & Chatham Counties pledge to conduct their business operations and relationships according to the following principles:
Supporting Our Communities
- To bring to all of our work the professional skills and business resources necessary to deliver to our customers, in a timely manner, products and services of the highest possible quality and value.
- To be honest, fair and reliable in all our dealings with customers.
- To communicate effectively with customers, in writing whenever possible, in order to establish clear and reasonable expectations of all parties and to use all reasonable efforts to meet those expecta- tions.
- To provide prompt and effective service during construction and after the sale for items covered by warranty.
Advancing Our Industry
- To improve our communities by delivering high-quality housing to every customer
- To promote policies and business practices that bring homeownership within the reach of every possible member of our communities.
- To participate actively in community activities and governance as responsible and supportive citizens of our cities, towns, counties and state.
- To comply with all laws, rules and regulations relating to our industry as we conduct business.
- To give generously of our time and other resources in support of important community causes.
- To plan and conduct construction and land development activities with respect for our neighbors and our natural environment.
- To be guided in our building industry relationships, including, but not limited to, those with employ- ees, subcontractors, suppliers and contractors, by the principles of honesty, reliability and fairness.
- To meet financial and other business obligations in a fair and timely manner.
- To support our state and national associations in their efforts to advance the interests of our indus- try.
- To operate our individual businesses so as to reflect positively on our individual trades and on the building industry in general.
- To seek to resolve controversies through mediation or conciliatory dispute settlement.
- To support and abide by the decisions of this Association by promoting end enforcing this Code of Ethics.
I agree to abide by the Constitution and Bylaws or the Home Builders Association of Durham, Orange & Chatham Counties (HBADOC), to which this membership application is directed, and of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) of the United States and of the North Carolina Home Builders Association (NCHBA) with which the HBADOC is affiliated.