2019 Green Home Tour COVER CONTEST Deadline
$100 per entry (an entry includes one interior photo and one exterior photo)
Please keep in mind that the cover is essentially the best advertisement for the publication. The cover photos should entice people to have a look inside (the image has to have stopping power). Close up shots may not work—if there is no space for words or a masthead, even the greatest of shots will not be used on the cover.
1. Submit two photos per entry: one interior photo and one exterior photo.
2. The book format is vertical - not horizontal. A horizontal photo is possible but vertical shots work better.
3. Photo needs to be at least 8.25 x 11.25 at 300 dpi - larger (in size, not dpi) is even better - then there’s room to crop or move around to fit the page - gives the designer some leeway.
4. The “cleaner” the better - there needs to be room for text, logo, etc. Try to use an editorial eye. Negative space is good.
5. This link is great and very informative: http://www.goodeyeblog.com/2010/03/tips-for-magazine-cover-photography-design-photography/
6. Builder must have an entry in the 2019 Spring Green Home Tour. The photo does NOT have to be of the home entered as we understand it may not be ready for photography. The home submitted must be located in Durham, Orange, Chatham or Wake Counties. Max 2 submissions per builder (one exterior and one interior photo per submission).
7. There will be at least two photos chosen for the cover —one exterior photo and one interior photo. Builders will be recognized on the intro page in the book. Winners will be chosen by the Green Home Tour committee.
To enter the Green Home Tour Book Cover Contest,
please submit your interior and exterior photo via email to Julie@hbadoc.com by 1/21/19. Please indicate in the email the community & county where the home is located. The winner will be announced via email.
Questions? Call 919.493.8899 or email Julie@hbadoc.com.